Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline
Ready Player One Chapter 39 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wade really wants to meet Art3mis for the first time in person. Og tells him that she's in the hedge maze outside.
- The maze is a replica of the labyrinth from Adventure, complete with giant statues that look just like the duck-shaped dragons that are the villains of the game.
- In the middle is Art3mis. She looks just like the picture IOI had.
- Wade tells her that he loves her. She apologizes for cutting off communication with him, and tells him that he's her best friend.
- Then she kisses him, and sparks fly.
- The story ends with Wade having "absolutely no desire to log back into the OASIS" (39.53).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...