The Red Badge of Courage Chapter 11 Summary
- In this chapter, Henry does nothing but toss and turn emotionally. Here we go, in order:
- Henry envies the brave men who are marching boldly into battle.
- Henry can feel himself rising to the occasion. He is filled with blood lust!
- Henry becomes paralyzed with fear!
- Henry moves forward to fight!
- Henry cannot move because his body suddenly screams out with pain, fatigue, and hunger!
- Henry decides that he is a complete coward and a "craven loon!" (Not just your regular old run-of-the-mill loon.)
- Henry wishes he were dead.