The Red Badge of Courage
The Red Badge of Courage Chapter 14 Summary
- When Henry wakes up he hears a distant battle raging. (Battles never sleep.) He looks around and sees the other sleeping men whom he momentarily mistakes for dead bodies.
- Also, his head is the size of a basketball (a rather small, "youth"-sized basketball – but a basketball, nonetheless).
- Henry is helped (again) by Wilson, a.k.a. "the Loud Soldier," who is no longer the loud soldier, but rather the "newly mature, and more like a man" soldier.
- Henry explains that their friend Jim Conklin has died.
- Some rowdy soldiers nearby start to fight, but Wilson breaks them up. He tells Henry that their regiment was split up during battle but that the men keep trickling back, just like Henry did.