The Red Badge of Courage
Cite This Page
The Red Badge of Courage Chapter 22 Summary Page 1
- Henry and the men rest briefly.
- Then guns and cannons begin to roar, and the soldiers are back in it again.
- Henry is now the official flag bearer.
- The regiment is way tired to be fighting again so soon. (We think a momentary truce is in order.)
- Suddenly, the troops are so close to the Confederates that they can see them for the first time. This turns the mule drivers into mule mushers (so to speak).
- Henry is so hyped up that he thinks he should die on this very battlefield, just to spite the "mule driver" guy. He is pleased to see that Wilson and the Lieutenant haven’t been shot yet.