The Red Badge of Courage
Cite This Page
The Red Badge of Courage Chapter 6 Summary Page 1
- Henry wakes up with a double dose of dopamine/serotonin flowing through his system. It’s like someone slipped him some super-Prozac while he was sleeping.
- He smiles as he remembers what a major fighting machine he is. He nods as he considers his own mad skills. His pride and good will knows no bounds. Ah, the glorious manhood of "the Youth!"
- Just then, the Confederates begin firing at his regiment. With great accuracy. Many of the men in Henry’s regiment begin running from battle.
- Henry’s throat closes up, his legs (and bowels) turn to water, he throws down his gun and runs "like a rabbit."
- Hopping and scampering along, he hightails (couldn’t resist) it as far away from the battle as he can get.