by Dorothy Parker
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you think that this poem is a joke? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about the tone of the poem?
- Is the speaker seriously contemplating suicide?
- Why do you think that the speaker doesn't mention anything about the circumstances of her life?
- Is this an all-inclusive list of ways to kill oneself? (Or do you think that there's another form of suicide that the speaker might find appealing?)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...