The Return of the Native
The Return of the Native Book 5, Chapter 4 Summary
The Ministrations of a Half-Forgotten One
- Eustacia wanders to her grandfather's house in a daze.
- Gramps isn't home, but young Charley, the mummer with the crush on Eustacia, is there.
- He looks after Eustacia since he still has a huge crush on her and is now seriously worried about her.
- Eustacia won't really explain what happened.
- She then starts eyeballing some pistols and feels suicidal.
- Charley notices this and locks up the pistols before Eustacia can do anything.
- He tells Eustacia it's for her own good and she promises not to do anything drastic.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search