The Return of the Native
by Thomas Hardy
The Return of the Native Book 6, Chapter 2 Summary
Thomasin Walks in a Green Place by the Roman Road
- The mystery of the glove is solved – Thomasin's nurse, Rachel, borrowed Thomasin's gloves for the May Day party and lost one.
- Diggory was mooning over Thomasin's glove after all. Sweet!
- Thomasin is excited by this news since she's started to fall for Diggory now.
- She goes to confront Diggory about the glove business and he returns it to her.
- The two talk about Diggory's changed circumstances and he says he's glad they can be closer "friends" now.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...