Mrs. Yeobright Timeline and Summary
- Mrs. Yeobright picks up her niece, Thomasin, after her failed elopement.
- The two women go to see Thomasin's fiancé, Damon Wildeve. Wildeve and Mrs. Yeobright do not get along and they have a small dispute.
- Mrs. Yeobright tries to make the best of things with her niece while Thomasin remains unmarried.
- Meanwhile, the Yeobright women prepare for Clym Yeobright's homecoming.
- Mrs. Yeobright throws her annual Christmas party, made special this year to celebrate Clym's visit.
- Thomasin finally gets married and Mrs. Yeobright is sad to see her go.
- But Mrs. Yeobright is dismayed to find out that Clym has no desire to return to Paris.
- The two begin to fight over his new relationship with Eustacia.
- Clym leaves to marry Eustacia and his mother is angry and hurt.
- Mrs. Yeobright is very lonely and spends most of her days at home alone.
- She tries to give her niece and son their inheritance money, but the money gets caught up in a gambling ring thanks to some untrustworthy delivery people and the situation causes a lot of problems.
- Mrs. Yeobright has a huge argument with Eustacia as she attempts to find out about the AWOL money.
- Finally, at the prompting of Diggory Venn, Mrs. Yeobright goes to visit her son and her new daughter-in-law.
- But Eustacia doesn't let Mrs. Yeobright in to the house and the misunderstanding causes Mrs. Yeobright a lot of grief.
- She is then bitten by a snake and dies, never properly reconciling with her son.