Book of Revelation
Book of Revelation Chapter 18 Summary
- John sees yet another angel coming down from Heaven. This angel announces that Babylon (i.e., Rome) has fallen. So, high fives all around.
- However, some of the non-believers on Earth are too busy mourning the loss of Rome for high-fiving.
- Kings are sad because Rome was so mighty. Plus, they were kind of digging that whole Whore of Babylon thing.
- Merchants and shopkeepers are bummed, too, because they really liked selling their goods to Rome. Now, what are they going to do with all these unused chariots?
- Sailors are also feeling a bit melancholy because they were making a lot of money by working with Rome. Sniff. Think of all the lonely gold coins that won't be jingling in their pockets.
- The angels aren't swayed much by this. One of them picks up a giant stone and throws it into the ocean. Ha, ha, Rome! You got crushed! Nothing is ever going to come out of you again. Not music, not art, not goods and services, not anything!
- All this happened because Rome had to go and kill the saints. That'll teach 'em.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search