Book of Revelation
Book of Revelation Chapter 7 Summary
The Elect Get Their Tickets to Heaven
- After this, John sees four angels standing at the four corners of the Earth. The angels must not realize Earth is actually round and doesn't have any corners.
- They're holding back the winds, and another angel tells them to make sure not to damage the Earth… at least not yet.
- The angel tells them that they still need to mark the foreheads of the Elect. More tattoos! They go through and seal 144,000 people, a remarkably small and specific number. That's 12,000 for each of the tribes of Israel (remember them from Genesis).
- Then, John sees tons of people from all over the world standing around God's throne. All these people are wearing white robes (it's the fashion in Heaven) and holding palm leaves.
- They praise God and the Lamb along with the elders and the angels and all the creepy-looking creatures in Heaven.
- One of the elders tells John that these people have been through a huge ordeal, but they made it through and that's why they're here. They won't be hungry or thirsty ever again. The Lamb is going to be their shepherd and lead them where they need to go. So things are looking pretty good for them.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search