Book of Revelation
Book of Revelation Chapter 8 Summary
The Seventh Seal
- Next, John sees the Lamb open the seventh seal. Nothing happens. There's just silence. But don't get too hopeful. It's just the calm before the storm.
- After about a half hour of quiet, John sees seven angels with seven trumpets standing in front of God.
Blow, Angels, Blow
- The angels all start to blow their trumpets one by one. Think we're about to hear a delightful jazz septet? Think again.
- When the first angel trumpets, hail and fire mixed with blood starts to rain down on the Earth. Eek.
- The second angel blows his horn and a burning mountain falls into the sea. So things are getting worse.
- Much worse. The third angel takes his turn and a star named Wormwood falls from the sky and pollutes the water even more.
- The fourth angel finishes off this attack on the Earth when he blows his horn and the sun, moon, and stars get dimmer. But how will the people of Earth have enough light to see the rivers of blood around them?
- Then the creepy eagle sums up the whole cheerful segment, saying, "Woe to the inhabitants of the Earth!" Woe indeed.