Cite This Page
Richard III Act 4, Scene 5 Summary Page 1
- At Lord Stanley's house in London, Stanley has a secret meeting with a priest on Richmond's side.
- Stanley laments that he can't openly fight on Richmond's side, because then Richard would kill his son, George Stanley, whom Richard insists on holding captive.
- However, Stanley asks Urswick to send his regards to Richmond and to carry the news from Queen Elizabeth that she would very happily marry her little daughter Elizabeth to Richmond.
- It looks like Richard wasn't as successful as he thought at wooing the young girl through her mother.
- Urswick in turn reports that Richmond is currently in Wales, and he's gathering support from a long list of VIPs. They're all heading towards London to take back the crown and to crush anyone who stands in their way.