Richard III Act 4, Scene 5 Summary
- At Lord Stanley's house in London, Stanley has a secret meeting with a priest on Richmond's side.
- Stanley laments that he can't openly fight on Richmond's side, because then Richard would kill his son, George Stanley, whom Richard insists on holding captive.
- However, Stanley asks Urswick to send his regards to Richmond and to carry the news from Queen Elizabeth that she would very happily marry her little daughter Elizabeth to Richmond.
- It looks like Richard wasn't as successful as he thought at wooing the young girl through her mother.
- Urswick in turn reports that Richmond is currently in Wales, and he's gathering support from a long list of VIPs. They're all heading towards London to take back the crown and to crush anyone who stands in their way.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search