Right to Privacy
Right to Privacy Questions
There's more than one right answer.
- Is there a Constitutional right to privacy?
- Do the amendments have "penumbras?"
- Do you agree with Justice Douglass or Judge Bork?
- Do you agree with the Court's logic in the abortion cases?
- Did Roe v. Wade's trimester approach properly balance the rights of individuals and the interests of the states?
- Did the Court introduce more appropriate criteria for assessing state abortion laws in Planned Parenthood v. Casey?
- Does Gonzales v. Carhart signal a new hostility on the Court to abortion rights, as Justice Ginsburg claims?
- Has the Court appropriately balanced the needs of school officials and the rights of students?
- Did the Court set an appropriate standard for school searches?
- Do we need privacy torts?
- Must we sacrifice privacy in order to protect a free press?