Rikki-Tikki-Tavi from The Jungle Book
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi from The Jungle Book Paragraphs 63-86 Summary
- The next morning, Rikki-tikki skips breakfast and sets out to deal with Nagaina.
- At Darzee's nest, the bird is prematurely singing a song of victory. Rikki-tikki scolds him, saying it's one of those "we've won the battle but not the war" type things.
- Darzee informs the mongoose that Nagaina is over at the rubbish heap mourning her dead husband.
- Rikki-tikki wants to know where Nagaina's nest is. Then he asks the bird to go over and distract Nagaina while he does what needs doing.
- But Darzee's a pretty dumb bird, so he can't quite follow what Rikki-tikki wants. Thankfully, his wife isn't, so she flies over to distract Nagaina by pretending to have a broken wing.
- Nagaina gives chase.
- Meanwhile, Rikki-tikki sets about destroying all the cobra eggs.
- He's down to three when Darzee's wife flies up to tell him that Nagaina has headed for the veranda with killing on her mind.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search