A Route of Evanescence Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why is the speaker in awe of the hummingbird?
- If this is a nature poem, why does the speaker describe the hummingbird using human concepts and ideas like "Mail" and a "Wheel"?
- How does the poem's length influence your reading of it?
- Do you notice a shift between the first four lines and the last four lines of the poem? If so, what is the shift like?
- Have you ever been amazed by nature? If so, how?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...