Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching The Scarlet LetterTeacher Pass
Teaching The Scarlet LetterTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. What hangs over the door of the Custom House?
2. Where did the narrator grow up?
3. Describe the Custom House officers.
4. Besides the writings, what does the narrator find in the package of papers by Jonathan Pue that interests him the most?
5. What does the narrator do with his free time when he loses his job at the Custom House?
Answers1. A huge American eagle, holding arrows and thunderbolts
2. In Salem
3. They are generally old and sleepy, and don't do much work
4. A pieces of scarlet cloth, embroidered with a gold letter "A"
5. He begins to write the story of Hester Prynne
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE