Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why is the community garden so important to the characters in Seedfolks?
- Picture this: what if the story were set in a different city? Or even a different country? How do you think a new setting would change this tale?
- Why do you think the main characters only have first names? How would the story be different if they had last names, too?
- Why is weather so important in this book?
- Does Seedfolks have one main character? How would you pick who the main character is?
- How is the community garden connected with the past? Does memory play a role in creating the garden? Or is the garden about starting fresh?
- Take a look at the illustrations (by illustrator Judy Pederson) at the beginning of each chapter. What do you think of these pictures? What is their purpose? Do they help you to know the characters better?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...