by Stephen King
The Shining Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
The Front Porch
- The Torrances are on the Overlook porch for quite a while, watching the weather.
- Other than them, Ullman is the only one left at the Overlook.
- After making sure Jack understands everything, he wishes them well, and tells Jack to "take good care" of the Overlook.
- Jack tells him, "I think it will be here when you get back next spring" (13.9). Danny thinks, "(but will we?)" (13.10).
- The Torrances watch Ullman drive away.
- When Wendy notices Danny's nose running, she suggests they go in. And they do.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...