The Shining Chapter 45 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Stapleton Airport, Denver
- As Flight 196 nears the Denver airport, a woman is hysterically crying that the plane is going to crash.
- Halloran is scared, too. It's solid white outside the plane's window. The weather had suddenly gotten very bad when it was too late to change course.
- The landing is very rough.
- The weather continues to worsen. Halloran rents a car.
- The rental agent says this is the worst storm in about six years. She calls a gas station on Halloran's way to arrange for him to stop and get chains put on his tires.
- Traffic is a mess and ramps are closed; he has to take detour.
- Halloran is driving as fast as he can, which is only about 35 miles per hour.
- When he turns on the radio, all he gets is reports of more snow.
- He turns it off.
Next Page: Chapter 46
Previous Page: Chapter 44