The Shining Chapter 51 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Halloran gets the gas station when Larry Durkin is about to take off.
- When he learns that Cottrell sent him, he's eager to help. He's hoping Danny and his family is OK.
- He gives Halloran instructions on how to use the snowmobile.
- Durkin also provides Halloran with a ski mask. He's heard bad things about the Overlook.
- He tells Halloran to bring Danny to his place if he manages to free him from the hotel.
- Freezing cold and gripped with fear Halloran takes the snowmobile up to the Overlook, almost losing control of the machine many times.
- He has no idea how much time passes before the Overlook comes into view.
- Something is in front of him; he can make it out in the headlights.
- It's a hedge lion! It attacks Halloran, who falls out of the snowmobile into the snow.
- The lion jumps on him again. Halloran tries to get away, tries to get to the snowmobile.
- The lion keeps attacking him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search