The Shining Chapter 7 Summary
How It All Goes Down
In Another Bedroom
- Danny wakes up. The echo of the drunken, crazy voice in his head: "Come out here and take your medicine! I'll find you! I'll find you! (7.1).
- Danny gets up and looks out the window for Tony.
- It's 2 am.
- He hears Tony calling him, and he sees a "shadow standing by the bus stop" (7.13)
- He stands there by the window for "a minute? an hour?" (7.16).
- He doesn't see Tony, so he gets back in bed, and under the covers.
- The shadows from the streetlight want to "drag him down into a blackness where one sinister word flashe[s] in red" (7.17) That word is "REDRUM" (7.18).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...