by Stephen King
The Shining Questions
- Which do you think is better, the Stanley Kubrick film version or the original novel? Why?
- What does "shining" mean to you?
- Is The Shining serious literature? Will it stand the test of time?
- How does Stephen King attempt to capture what it's like to be five, in the figure of Danny Torrance?
- Is the novel ever funny? Does it have moments of comic relief? Does it make you cry? Is it depressing, hopeful, both?
- Should The Shining be taught in the classroom? Why or why not? If so, what age groups would benefit?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...