by Herman Hesse
Gotama Timeline and Summary
- Gotama begs for his daily meal in the town where he and his followers have gathered.
- Siddhartha identifies Gotama among a large crowd of monks because of his graceful and peaceful movements.
- Gotama teaches a large gathering about the principles of suffering and finding enlightenment. His voice is even and pure.
- Gotama accepts Govinda into his community of monks.
- Gotama listens to Siddhartha in the forest. He advises Siddhartha not to lose himself in words and doctrine and wishes him well on his path.