Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 2, Section 33 Summary
- Weary is angry: he has been left behind again.
- So Weary shakes Billy. Weary thinks it's Billy's fault that the scouts have gone and Weary no longer has his imaginary "Three Musketeers."
- Billy makes noises that sound like laughter, which angers Weary even more.
- He punches Billy in the face and then kicks him in the ribs.
- Weary is about to kick Billy in the back when he looks up and sees five German soldiers and a police dog.
- The soldiers seem to wonder why one American would try to kill another here, behind enemy lines, while the victim laughs.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...