by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 2, Section 4 Summary
- Billy gets rich in the glasses business.
- He has two kids, Barbara and Robert.
- Barbara marries another optometrist, and Billy sets up his new son-in-law in the business.
- Robert joins the army out of high school and fights in Vietnam.
- Early in 1968, Billy joins a group of optometrists in a chartered plane to a conference for optometrists in Montreal.
- The plane crashes in Vermont, killing everyone except Billy.
- While Billy is recovering from this plane crash, his wife dies accidentally of carbon-monoxide poisoning.