by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 2, Section 8 Summary
- Billy is typing on a massive old typewriter in the rumpus room.
- The heat has gone out in his house, but Billy hasn't noticed.
- The cockles of his heart are burning with joy: Billy is going to comfort everyone with his truth about time.
- His daughter, meanwhile, comes into the house looking for Billy.
- She panics when Billy doesn't answer, thinking that he's lying dead somewhere.
- But he's not dead; he's in the rumpus room.