Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 3, Section 19 Summary
- The doorbell rings and Billy goes to see who it is.
- There is a man at the door having some kind of seizure.
- Billy also sees another man across the street ringing doorbells. This man has one leg and is on crutches.
- Billy realizes that these two men are selling subscriptions for magazines that will never come; it's a con Billy has been warned about at his Lions Club meetings.
- Billy spots a guy sitting in a Buick watching the two men selling their subscriptions. Billy realizes that this is the guy who hired them for the con.
- Billy blinks, and when he opens his eyes, he is back in Luxembourg, a prisoner of war.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...