by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 3, Section 25 Summary
- The colonel yells, "It's me, boys! It's Wild Bob!" (3.25.1).
- The colonel has always wanted his troops to call him Wild Bob.
- Wild Bob is so sick that he imagines he is talking to his troops.
- Weary is actually a member of Wild Bob's regiment, but his feet hurt so much that he pays no attention to Wild Bob's words.
- Wild Bob tells his (imagined) troops that after the war, they are going to have a reunion in his hometown of Cody, Wyoming.
- Looking straight at Billy, Wild Bob says, "If you're ever in Cody, Wyoming, just ask for Wild Bob!" (3.25.5).
- The narrator tells us he has been to Cody.
- So has his friend, Bernard V. O'Hare.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...