Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 3, Section 4 Summary
- The boy with the face of an angel helps Billy out of the snow and searches him for weapons.
- Three shots ring out: the two American scouts who left Billy and Weary behind have just been shot by the Germans.
- The commander gives the beautiful boy Weary's pistol and his excellent boots. He hands the rest of Weary's gear (including the dirty picture) to the other men in his squad.
- Weary has to wear the boy's wooden clogs, which make his feet bleed.
- Weary and Billy are marched to a place where prisoners of war are being held.
- Billy falls asleep on the shoulder of a captain, who is both a rabbi and a chaplain. The rabbi's hand has been shot.
- Billy wakes up having traveled through time.
- He is in the middle of examining a female patient with his optometry machine.
- He can't remember how old he is or what year it is.
- The patient asks Billy if he sees anything wrong with her eyes.
- He says no, she just needs glasses for reading.