by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 3, Section 8 Summary
- As Billy is staging his capture for the German cameras, 1944 is fading away into 1967.
- Billy is on his way to a Lions Club meeting.
- He stops at a red light in a mostly African-American neighborhood in Ilium, New York.
- The people who live there hate the neighborhood so much that they burned it down the month before.
- The ruins of this ghetto remind Billy of towns he saw during the war.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...