by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 4, Section 3 Summary
- Billy goes downstairs to the kitchen, where there is a leftover bottle of champagne from his daughter's wedding reception.
- Billy pops open the bottle, but the champagne has gone flat.
- He knows he's got about half an hour to kill before the aliens come.
- He comes unstuck from time just enough to watch a movie about World War II.
- Because the film is running backwards, it starts with the ruins of a city and ends with everything shiny and new.