by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 4, Section 9 Summary
- Billy slowly lies down.
- He knows that he has to make himself as invisible as possible.
- The reason why soon becomes clear: when a prisoner of war notices that it is Billy near him, he demands that Billy get up and go away.
- The prisoner of war makes a lot of ruckus and wakes the other prisoners.
- They tell him he has to sleep somewhere else because he yells, kicks, and whimpers in his sleep.
- Everyone in the car tells Billy to keep the hell away.