by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 5, Section 11 Summary
- Now that the Americans have all been tagged, the Red Cross will be able to inform their families that they are (a) prisoners, and (b) still alive.
- Billy is walking next to Paul Lazzaro, who promised Weary he would get revenge on Billy for Weary's death.
- Next to Lazzaro is Edgar Derby, who will be shot at the end of the war.
- A guard tells them to halt.
- They stop outside a long shed with tin chimneys, which are giving off smoke.
- The door to the shed opens and the prisoners hear English voices singing "Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here" from Gilbert and Sullivan's light opera The Pirates of Penzance.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...