Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 5, Section 3 Summary
- Billy can't read Tralfamadorian, but he does see how the books are laid out: in short sections separated by stars.
- Billy says that the stars seem like telegrams.
- The Tralfamadorian says it's true: the stars are short messages describing a situation or scene.
- The Tralfamadorians read these messages all at once to get a complete, beautiful scene.
- There is no beginning, middle, end, or moral in a Tralfamadorian novel.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...