Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 5, Section 31 Summary
- The visitor from space comes to this "well-connected" message in this way:
- Christ, as a human being, doesn't look like much. But he's the Son of the Most Powerful Being in the Universe.
- So, when Christ is crucified, readers think: "Uh oh! They sure picked the wrong guy to lynch!"
- But is there a right (or at least, less wrong) person to lynch?
- The message the Gospels seem to teach is that there are right people to lynch: people who are not well-connected.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search