Cite This Page
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 5, Section 43 Summary Page 1
- Billy thinks the Tralfamadorians will be freaked out by how much murder there is on Earth.
- Billy has been reading a lot of science fiction and thinks aliens will be concerned about Earth's warlike nature and advancing weaponry.
- So he asks the Tralfamadorians, using some of his own war experiences, how a planet can live in peace.
- The Tralfamadorians clearly think Billy is being stupid.
- The Tralfamadorians tell Billy that they know how the Universe is going to end, and it has nothing to do with Earth. A Tralfamadorian experimenting with new fuels will press a button and the Universe will disappear.