Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 5, Section 52 Summary
- Back in the prison hospital, Billy is lying in bed and Edgar Derby has fallen asleep.
- Billy gets out of bed and sneaks out, still high as a kite on morphine.
- Billy gets caught in a barbed-wire fence and can't get free.
- A Russian prisoner on the other side of the fence sees Billy tangled up and asks what country he's from.
- The Russian untangles Billy, who wanders off into the dark.
- The Russian waves and says good-bye.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search