by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 6, Section 1 Summary
- Billy wakes up early on the day he's going to be shipped to Dresden.
- In the hospital beds next to him, Edgar Derby and Paul Lazzaro are sleeping.
- Billy wakes up because he feels a sudden animal magnetism.
- This animal magnetism seems to be coming from behind Billy's bed.
- Billy finds its source: his bizarre, fur-collared little coat.
- The coat has two little lumps in the lining that seem to be the source of this animal magnetism.
- Something tells Billy to leave these lumps alone. As long as he does not attempt to figure out what the lumps are, they will bring him good luck.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...