by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 6, Section 16 Summary
- The Americans begin to feel a bit better.
- They march out of the compound with Billy at the head of the parade. He's wearing the silver Cinderella boots, his fur-collared coat wrapped around his hands, and a piece of blue curtain tied around him like a toga.
- Edgar Derby once again imagines the letters he will write to his wife about Dresden and how it will never be bombed.
- They march to the same train station where they arrived.
- The Americans see the body of the dead hobo frozen beside the track.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...