Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 6, Section 21 Summary
- The entire bunch of prisoners stops at a red traffic light.
- A German surgeon and war veteran stops and looks at Billy.
- He finds Billy offensive in his ridiculous clothes. He thinks Billy is making a mockery of the war.
- Billy has no idea that the German surgeon thinks Billy is being clownish and ridiculous.
- Billy pulls out the two lumps from the lining of his jacket. They are a two-carat diamond and a partial denture.
- Billy smiles at the surgeon as he holds the two things out to him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...