Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 6, Section 7 Summary
- As a time traveler, Billy has seen his own death.
- He claims that he will die on February 13, 1976.
- By 1976, Billy claims, the U.S. will have been totally dismantled into twenty smaller countries so that it will not threaten world peace.
- The night of his death, Billy will speak to a stadium full of people on the subject of aliens and time.
- He will inform the crowd that he is about to be shot by Paul Lazzaro, but that it's OK, because death is not so bad.
- Billy will tell the police detail trying to protect him that it's time for him to be dead for a while, and then to live again.
- Suddenly, a bullet will smash through his forehead.
- Billy will experience death for a time. It is simply a violet light and a hum, with nobody else there.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search