Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 7, Section 10 Summary
- Lying in bed in Vermont, Billy also dreams of Dresden the month before it is destroyed.
- One of Billy's jobs is to put jars of malt syrup (link: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-barley-malt-syrup.htm) into boxes at a local factory.
- The syrup is enriched with vitamins and minerals, and everyone who works there secretly eats it all day long.
- There are spoons stashed all over the factory for people to taste this syrup on the sly, even though it's against the rules to eat on the job.
- Billy finds a hidden spoon on his second day.
- His whole body celebrates at the taste of this malt syrup.