by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 8, Section 8 Summary
- Billy parks his Cadillac and waits for Trout to stop yelling at his newsboys.
- When the meeting ends, there is one boy left behind who wants to quit.
- Trout asks the kid if he is a gutless wonder.
- The Gutless Wonder is a title of another of Trout's books. This book was published in 1932, but it predicts the use of burning jellied gasoline as a weapon dropped from airplanes.
- The person who drops this burning gas is a robot with bad breath. No one minds that he has killed lots of people, but they won't spend time with him until he clears up his bad breath.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...