by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 9, Section 20 Summary
- The couple is not afraid of Billy, who continues to look ridiculous in his toga and silver shoes.
- They are both obstetricians who delivered babies until the hospitals burned down. They are a handsome couple, and they speak nine languages between them.
- Billy asks them in English what they want, and they immediately answer.
- They yell at Billy for treating the horses so badly and make him come look at the state they're in.
- Billy cries for the first and last time during the war.