by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five Chapter 9, Section 31 Summary
- Billy reads the magazine.
- Of course, he knows that Montana Wildhack is back on Tralfamadore raising their child.
- The magazine, however, claims that she has drowned in San Pedro Bay.
- The magazine ran this article because they wanted to use photographs from porn flicks that Montana made when she was a teenager.
- Seeing his interest, the clerks send Billy back to the rear of the shop, where he can watch a film with Montana Wildhack in it.
- He goes, but he doesn't really watch—instead, a clerk leads him over to "some really hot stuff they keep under the counter" (9.31.4): a picture of a woman trying to have sex with a Shetland pony between two Greek columns. (Just like Roland Weary's picture in Chapter 2, Section 22.)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...