Something Wicked This Way Comes
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 2 Summary
- Jim and Will take their weekly jog to the library after dinner. They run at full speed, but never in competition.
- As they ascend the library steps, Jim thinks for a moment that he hears music.
- The two boys go into the library. It is described as a magical place where anything might happen.
- Will stares at an old man in the third corridor carrying a broom. Will is always surprised to realize that the man is his father.
- Dad is always similarly shocked to realize Will is his son. Dad greets Will and Jim, then shows them some work by Dante.
- Jim asks for dinosaur pictures, and Will meanwhile feels very distant from his dad.
- Dad hands Will and Jim some books and sends them home. Outside, Jim sniffs the air. He is looking for the storm. Will predicts it will arrive by morning.