Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 2 Summary
- Jim and Will take their weekly jog to the library after dinner. They run at full speed, but never in competition.
- As they ascend the library steps, Jim thinks for a moment that he hears music.
- The two boys go into the library. It is described as a magical place where anything might happen.
- Will stares at an old man in the third corridor carrying a broom. Will is always surprised to realize that the man is his father.
- Dad is always similarly shocked to realize Will is his son. Dad greets Will and Jim, then shows them some work by Dante.
- Jim asks for dinosaur pictures, and Will meanwhile feels very distant from his dad.
- Dad hands Will and Jim some books and sends them home. Outside, Jim sniffs the air. He is looking for the storm. Will predicts it will arrive by morning.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...