Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 20 Summary
- When the boys arrive home, they are scolded by their parents for being out so late and sent to bed without any supper.
- Will tries to imagine the best way of warning Miss Foley while, across the way, Jim faces the same dilemma.
- It is too early in the night for them to raise their windows and chat. Bored, they dig up old chunks of chocolate and wait. At ten o'clock Dad unlocks the door. Will hopes his dad will come into the room.
- Instead, Charles stops outside Will's door and asks him to be careful.
- Will wants to warn his father that, in fact, Charles should stay inside tonight, where it's safe. But Will says nothing, knowing that he will soon see a light go on in the library window.
- Will tosses a marble over to Jim's window.
- Will tosses a few more marbles but it rapidly becomes clear that Jim has disappeared.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...