Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 22 Summary
- Jim calls to Robert the Nephew as Will hides in a bush.
- Finally, unable to hide himself any longer, Will calls to Jim and begs him to leave.
- Jim tells Will to go home otherwise he will "spoil everything" (22.16). He admits that he saw something intriguing earlier that day in the maze. He wants to get older, he admits to Will, and Will ought to just let him go.
- Will relinquishes his grip on his friend. He thinks about what an older Jim will look like. He hits his friend on the nose and begins wrestling him.
- The front door opens. The nephew is there on the porch. He strides forward easily towards the two older boys locked in a fight.
- Robert smiles down at them and then rains glitter down on them. He then calls for the police.
- Will and Jim realize that the glittering stars by their sides are pieces of jewelry.
- Robert continues shouting for the police. Jim still tries to talk to Robert. Miss Foley opens a window and sees Jim and Will.
- Jim runs away. Will follows. He hears Miss Foley discover the burglary. Clearly, Mr. Cooger, in the disguise of Robert, has set up Will and Jim to look like thieves.
- Will imagines himself as a scared rabbit. He runs into the night.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...