Something Wicked This Way Comes
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 23 Summary
- The three boys reach the carnival. The young Mr. Cooger is in the lead, followed by Jim. Will brings up the rear.
- Will knows that Jim doesn't care about Robert – he just wants a free ride on the carousel.
- Mr. Cooger hops onto the carousel. It is going forward. Jim stops, transfixed. He wants to jump on.
- Will stops him.
- Will tries to fix the controls. Jim fights him. The carousel continues going around and the nephew continues getting bigger.
- The boys break the box. The carousel spins madly and the boy tries to claw his way out to no avail. He is getting older and older.
- The switch box blows itself apart. Lights have gone on at the carnival but no one emerges. The boys go to check on the huddled shadow that has crumpled out of the carousel.
- It is an old, old mummy of a man who looks two hundred years old. He is near death.
- Will vomits, and the two boys run.